estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is a multi–national organization comprised of 9 Lions Clubs International districts serving 12,000 Lions, Lioness and Leos in 450 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
In The Know…
- MD19 HOLIDAY OFFICE SCHEDULE — The MD19 office will be closed from December 23, 2019 to January 1, 2020, for the Hanukkah (December 23)… Christmas (December 25)… Kwanzaa (December 26)… New Year (January 1) holiday run.
Save The Date…
- RENTON LIONS CLUB ITALIAN NIGHT — Mark your calendars and set aside January 24, 2020 for the Renton Lions Club Italian Night, featuring Italian tenor Gina Luchetti! Tickets are $3500 ($1500 for children 12 and under), which includes a full Italian dinner: Antipasta, salad, pasta with meatballs, breadsticks, homemade biscotti and pizelles… There will be a great silent auction. And did we mention wine? “Plenty” of wine is incuded! Tickets are available now— email Rosemary Richert (a phone call works, too: 425-746-6767) or contact HUB Insurance at 425-255-2486. Download the flyer and hand it out to family, friends and club mates, and then join the Renton Lions Club at 6:00
p.m.(social), 7:00 p.m.(dinner), on January 24, 2020 at Saint Stephen The Martyr Social Hall, 13055 S. E. 192nd Street, Renton, Washington for this great fundraising event.
- WINTER COUNCIL MEETING — The winter meeting of the Counsel Of Governors is scheduled for February 8, 2020, at the Best Western Plus Bellingham Airport Hotel, 3985 Bennett Drive, Bellingham, Washington (just down the road from the MD19 office). There will be a pre–council meeting the night before, February 7, 2020, 7:30
p.m., same place. Stay tuned for lodging and meal details.
- DISTRICT CONFERENCES ON THE HORIZON — We know, it is not even winter yet and it seems like we just got done with the MD19 Convention. But, the 2019–2020 District conferences are all set and we hear that spring is “just around the corner”. So get your pencil and calendar out… here is the list:
- District 19–A — The 2019–2020 District 19–A spring conference will be held April 24 & 25, 2020, in Vancouver, BC. More information will be posted on the District 19–A page as they develop.
- District 19–B — The 2019–2020 District 19–B Spring Conference will be held April 27 & 28, 2020, at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bothell, Washington. Want more details? PDG Janet Rinehart is the District 19–B conference chair.
- District 19–C — The 2019–2020 District 19–C Spring Conference will be held April 17 & 18, 2020, at the LaQuinta Hotel, Tacoma, Washington. Newly–installed International Director Allan Hunt is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Marilyn Danby is the District 19–C conference chair.
- District 19–D — The 2019–2020 District 19–D Spring Conference will be held March 27 & 28, 2020, at the Coast Hotel, Kamloops, British Columbia. International Director Mark Lyon is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Wanda Carisse is the District 19–D conference chair.
- District 19–E — The 2019–2020 District 19–E Spring Conference will be held May 1 & 2, 2020, at the Best Western Plus Hotel, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. International Director Gary Brown is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Laura Wintersteen–Arleth is the District 19–E conference chair.
- District 19–F — The 2019–2020 District 19–F Spring Conference will be held March 20 & 21, 2020, at the Selah Civic Center, Selah, Washington. Olympian Phil Maher is scheduled as the Keynote speaker and special guest. Contact conference co–chairs Tammy Allan (509-697-7966) or Cheryl Lizotte (509-952-9896) for more information, and you can even download a registration form here!
- District 19–G — The 2019–2020 District 19–G Spring Conference will be held April 24 & 25, 2020 at the Shiloh Inn, Ocean Shores, Washington. Past International Director Steven Sherer, from Ohio, is the Iternational guest. Check the District 19–G page often for details and updates.
- District 19–H — The 2019–2020 District 19–H Spring Conference will be held March 6 & 7, 2020, at the Holiday Inn & Suites, Langley, British Columbia. Past International Director Tom Gordon is scheduled as the International Guest.
- District 19–I — The 2019–2020 District 19–I Spring Conference will be held April 3 & 4, 2020, at the Beban Park Community Centre, Nanaimo, British Columbia. Past International President Joe Preston is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Leslie Smith is the District 19–I conference chair. And guess what? You can sign up online right now!
- THE BORDER CROSSING — The September/October, 2019 edition of The Border Crossing, MD19's official newsletter, has hit the newsstands! Just click here to view or download the current or past issues, or click here to cut to the chase and download the current issue now!
- SERVE YOUR MULTIPLE DISTRICT — Want to serve Lions at the MD19 level but do not know how to do so or who to ask? Want to get a taste for what serving Lions is about beyond your club, zone or district? Or are you just curious what MD19 does? Drop Council Chair J.D. Nellor an email and he will hook you up with a committee or task that fits your interests. And best of all, it will not hurt one bit… Guaranteed… What are you waiting for… Just do it!