estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is a multi–national organization comprised of 9 Lions Clubs International districts serving 12,000 Lions, Lioness and Leos in 450 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
Important! Deadline Change…
LEO OF THE YEAR NOMINATION DEADLINE CHANGED — LCI has made a change to the date nominations for “Leo Of the Year”. The new deadline for nominations to be in LCI's hands is March 1, 2020— thirty days earlier than previous years. This creates quite a time–crunch for everyone involved: clubs, districts, and MD19. But, we can do it! The MD19 Leo coordinator has rcommended Feb 14, 2020 as be the last day for entries to be received by the MD19 office for judging so the MD19 winner can be sent to LCI by the March 1 deadline. Nomination forms have already been sent to the District Leo coordinators and may also be downloaded here. For more information, contact MD19 Leo Coordinator Barry Shiles.
Save The Date…
- RENTON LIONS CLUB ITALIAN NIGHT — Mark your calendars and set aside January 24, 2020 for the Renton Lions Club Italian Night, featuring Italian tenor Gina Luchetti! Tickets are $3500 ($1500 for children 12 and under), which includes a full Italian dinner: Antipasta, salad, pasta with meatballs, breadsticks, homemade biscotti and pizelles… There will be a great silent auction. And did we mention wine? “Plenty” of wine is incuded! Tickets are available now— email Rosemary Richert (a phone call works, too: 425-746-6767) or contact HUB Insurance at 425-255-2486. Download the flyer and hand it out to family, friends and club mates, and then join the Renton Lions Club at 6:00
p.m.(social), 7:00 p.m.(dinner), on January 24, 2020 at Saint Stephen The Martyr Social Hall, 13055 S. E. 192nd Street, Renton, Washington for this great fundraising event.
- HEART OF THE LION — February 1, 2020, at the Coummunity Life Center, 19820 Scriber Lake Road in Lynwood, WA is a time for learning, celebrating and collaborating to Strengthen your Heart Of the Lion. The all–day event features meaningful seminars for Lions of all ages and experience. A $2000 registration fee includes lunch. Download the details here. Register now— registration is limited to 100.
- WINTER COUNCIL MEETING — The winter meeting of the Counsel Of Governors is scheduled for February 8, 2020, at the Best Western Plus Bellingham Airport Hotel, 3985 Bennett Drive, Bellingham, Washington (just down the road from the MD19 office). There will be a pre–council meeting the night before, February 7, 2020, 7:30
p.m., same place. Stay tuned for lodging and meal details.
- POTATO FEED — Come join the Surrey Central Lions Club on February 29, 2020 at the West Langley Hall, 9402 208 Street, Langley, BC, which is when and where they host a Potato Feed Dinner to benefit Australia Fire Relief. Tickets are $1500, $100 per year for kids under 10. The event features silent and live auctions, and a guest appearance by Mr. Potato Head! For tickets call 604-230-4244, oe email Lionjohnh@gmail.com. Download the flyer here and tell your family and friends about this great event for a great cause.
- DISTRICT 19–H SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–H Spring Conference will be held March 6 & 7, 2020, at the Holiday Inn & Suites, Langley, British Columbia. Past International Director Tom Gordon is scheduled as the International Guest. Download the District 19–H conference registration form here.
- DISTRICT 19–F SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–F Spring Conference will be held March 20 & 21, 2020, at the Selah Civic Center, Selah, Washington. Olympian Phil Maher is scheduled as the Keynote speaker and special guest. Contact conference co–chairs Tammy Allan (509-697-7966) or Cheryl Lizotte (509-952-9896) for more information, and you can even download a registration form here!
- DISTRICT 19–B SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–B Spring Conference will be held March 27 & 28, 2020, at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bothell, Washington. Want more details? PDG Janet Rinehart is the District 19–B conference chair.
- DISTRICT 19–D SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–D Spring Conference will be held March 27 & 28, 2020, at the Coast Hotel, Kamloops, British Columbia. International Director Mark Lyon is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Wanda Carisse is the District 19–D conference chair.
- DISTRICT 19–I SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–I Spring Conference will be held April 3 & 4, 2020, at the Beban Park Community Centre, Nanaimo, British Columbia. Past International President Joe Preston is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Leslie Smith is the District 19–I conference chair. And guess what? You can sign up online right now!
- DISTRICT 19–C SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–C Spring Conference will be held April 17 & 18, 2020, at the LaQuinta Hotel, Tacoma, Washington. Newly–installed International Director Allan Hunt is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Marilyn Danby is the District 19–C conference chair.
- DISTRICT 19–G SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–G Spring Conference will be held April 24 & 25, 2020 at the Shiloh Inn, Ocean Shores, Washington. Past International Director Steven Sherer, from Ohio, is the Iternational guest. Check the District 19–G page often for details and updates.
- DISTRICT 19–A SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–A spring conference is April 25, 2020 at the Wosk Centre for Dialogue, 580 Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC. A cabinet meeting will precede the conference, on April 24, 2020, in the Regis Room at the Saint Regis Hotelm 602 Dunsmiur Street, Vancouver, BC. Conference registration is available online. Download a conference advertising flyer, corporate sponsor flyer, and a conference invitation flyer. For more information email to info@district19aConference.com.
- DISTRICT 19–E SPRING CONFERENCE — The 2019–2020 District 19–E Spring Conference will be held May 1 & 2, 2020, at the Best Western Plus Hotel, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. International Director Gary Brown is scheduled as the International Guest. Want more details? PDG Laura Wintersteen–Arleth is the District 19–E conference chair.
- USA/CANADA LEO LEADERSHIP FORUM — The Leos and Lions of California are hosting the 4th USA/Canada Leo Leadership Forum on July 22–26, 2020 at the Wyndham Visalia in Vasalia, California. Registration is now open! The 2020 Leo Leadership Forum will bring Leos together from across North America and the Caribbean. There will be seminars in various areas of leadership and community organizing as part of a core curriculum toward a High School Degree earned during the Forum. The Forum also offers elective seminars prepared by Leos. The Forum's goal is to empower Leos to educate each other in areas of interest to them related to leadership. Download a Leo registration form here, a Lion registration form here, and visit www.leosforum.org for more information abot the USA/Canada Leo Leadership Forum.
- THE BORDER CROSSING — The November/December, 2019 edition of The Border Crossing, MD19's official newsletter, has hit the newsstands! Just click here to view or download the current or past issues, or click here to cut to the chase and download the current issue now!
- SERVE YOUR MULTIPLE DISTRICT — Want to serve Lions at the MD19 level but do not know how to do so or who to ask? Want to get a taste for what serving Lions is about beyond your club, zone or district? Or are you just curious what MD19 does? Drop Council Chair J.D. Nellor an email and he will hook you up with a committee or task that fits your interests. And best of all, it will not hurt one bit… Guaranteed… What are you waiting for… Just do it!