estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is an international Multiple District of 9 sub–districts serving 10,000 Lions and Leos in 400 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
On The Horizon…
- LCI FVDGE/DGE School — The Lions Clubs International District Governor Elect School will be held in Saint Charles, Illinois U.S.A., from February 6 to February 10, 2023. All 2023/2024 DGs (current DGEs) need to reserve that week for DGE School. Travel and lodging information will be sent to 2023/2024 DGEs directly from LCI.
- Winter Council Meeting — The MD19 Winter Council of Governors meeting is scheduled for at 8:30
a.m., Saturday, February 18, 2023, via ZOOM. A pre–council meeting will be held Friday evening, February 17, 2023 at 7:30 p.m., via ZOOM as well. Contact Executive Director Peter Anderson after February 10, 2023 for login instructions to attend.
- Lions Day with the United Nations — Friday, March 3, 2023 is the 45th annual Lions Day with the United Nations (“LDUN”) in New York, New York USA. Unless. of course, you would rather sign up to attend LDUN in Nairobi, Kenya (which is Thursday, February 9, 2023)… or maybe LDUN in Geneva, Switzerland (Tuesday, April 18, 2023) better fits your travel plans. What the heck… why not book all three? So save the date(s) and stay tuned for more details.
46 daysto Pi day! — Aw yes: Pi Day; The 14th day of the 3rd Month (of 2023); 3/14. Proof positive that it is not only Lions that can find a way to celebrate… anything. Woo hoo! A whole day set aside to pig–out on pie, and with an excuse to do so to boot! In case you have forgotten, the number π (i.e., pi) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, approximately equal to 3.14159. “Approximately” because π is an irrational number, (which anyone who has tried to carry on a conversation with π figured out quickly). But for math wizzes, a number in which digits after the decimal point are infinite and do not repeat (as in 3.1666…) is “irrational”. The first 100 digits of π are: 3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679. If you want to see what the first one million digits of π look like, go here. Yes, there are actually people who find the time (and a reason) to calculate these things — the “record” is 31 trillion digits (31,415,926,535,897 to be precise), by Emma Harua Iwao, a Google employee from Japan, calculated on Pi Day, 2019. Iwao easily beat the previous record of 24.6 trillion set by Peter Trueb in 2016. Hmm… if NASA deems it okay to carry π out to just 15 digits (3.141592653589793), which it does… Here at MD19, we're sticking with 3.14. [Show More…]
- DISTRICT 19–H SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–H will be holding its spring conference March 24 to 25, 2023. This will be the final District 19–H convention before it joins with District 19–B to form District 19–O. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–H as they proudly celebrate an awesome, 57 year legacy.
- DISTRICT 19–I SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–I will be holding its spring conference April 13 to 15, 2023. This will be the final District 19–I convention before it joins with District 19–A to form District 19–L. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–I as they proudly celebrate a spectacular, 53 year legacy.
- DISTRICT 19–C SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–C will be holding its spring conference April 14 to 15, 2023. This will be the final District 19–C convention before it rejoins District 19–G to form District 19–N. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–C as they proudly celebrate an amazing, 75 year legacy.
- DISTRICT 19–A SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–A will be holding its spring conference April 15, 2023. This will be the final District 19–A convention before it rejoins District 19–I to form District 19–L. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–A as they proudly celebrate a magnificent, 75 year legacy.
- NORTHWEST LIONS LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE — The 2023 edition of the Northwest Lions Leadership Institute is scheduled for May 4 to 7, 2023, at the Ross Point Camp and Conference Center in Post Falls, Idaho U.S.A. The Institute offers outstanding seminars designed to develop and enhance leadership skills that will foster communication and team building in a rewarding learning environment. Scholarships to the Institute from the MD19 Lions Foundation are available to participants. Mark your calendar today register to attend this terrific learning experience. [Show More…]
- DISTRICT 19–G SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–G will be holding its spring conference May 12 to 13, 2023. This will be the final District 19–G convention before it rejoins District 19–C to form District 19–N. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–G as they proudly celebrate an extraordinary, 60 year legacy.
- DISTRICT 19–B SPRING CONFERENCE — District 19–B will be holding its spring conference May 20, 2023. This will be the final District 19–B convention before it joins District 19–H to form District 19–O. Mark your calendars now and join the clubs and Lions of Disrict 19–B as they proudly celebrate an exceptional, 75 year legacy.
- MD19 2022/2023 DG, VDG, ZC TRAINING — The annual MD19 orientation and training for incoming, 2023/2024 district governors, vice district governors and zone chairpersons will be held June 2 (5:00
p.m.to 9:00 p.m.) and June 3, 2023 (8:30 a.m.to 12:30 p.m.), currently planned via ZOOM. Reserve those dates now and check back for changes and details, which will be posted as they become available.
- Spring Council Meeting — The MD19 Spring Council of Governors meeting is scheduled for at 8:30
a.m., Saturday, June 17, 2023, in Bellingham, Washington USA. A pre–council meeting will be held Friday evening, June 16, 2023 at 7:30 p.m.
- LCICON 2023 — The Lions Clubs International 2023 Convention, affectionately known as “LCICon”, is scheduled for Saturday, July 7 to Wednesday, July 11, 2023, in Boston, Massachusets U.S.A.