estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is an international Multiple District of 9 sub–districts serving 10,000 Lions and Leos in 400 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
- CONVENTION CALL — Council Chair John Moralek and Immediate Past Council Chair Al Hedstrom have issued an official call for a Special Convention pursuant to Article VIII Section 11 of the Multiple District 19 Lions Clubs International Constitution and Bylaws, for the purpose of conducting a virtual, Special Election on a proposed MD19 redistricting plan, to be held online, June 4, 2022, between the hours of 8:00
a.m.PDT and 8:00 p.m.PDT. Check the MD19 Special Convention page for details about the convention and voting, and the MD19 Redistricting page for details on the redistricting plan.
On The Horizon…
- REDISTRICTING WORKSHOP — The MD19 Strategic Planning Committee is hosting a meeting of the District Merger Committees via ZOOM, at 7:00
p.m.Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Click here for more information and the link to join the meeting.
- MD19 SPECIAL CONVENTION — The MD19 Council of Governors voted at the Winter Council meeting, February 19, 2022, to call a special convention on June 4, 2022 for MD19 club delegates to vote on the approval of the MD19 redistricting plan. Check the Redistricting page for details on the proposed redistricting plan and the redistricting process. Check the Convention page for details about the June 4, 2020 special convention and voting on the redistricting plan.
- SOOKE DISTRICT LIONESS LIONS CHARTER CELEBRATION — The Sooke District Lioness Lions invite one and all to an afternoon of fellowship celebrating “Bridging Over To Lions”, Saturday, June 4, 2022. Social hour is from 11:00
a.m.to 12:00 noonfollowed by a cold buffet, at the Sooke Community Hall, 2037 Sheilds Road, in Sooke, British Columbia. Tickets are CAN$2500. Sign up and purchase tickets online through Eventbrite, or contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the Club's Invitation for more information.
- DISTRICT 19–D CELEBRATION PICNIC — The second of two District 19–D picnics to celebrate the 2021–2022 year will be held at Lions Club Park in Leavenworth, Washington U.S.A. on June 5, 2022. Gather at 12:00
noon— the picnic begins at 1:00 p.m.. Register for the event at 19Dlions@gmail.com. You can find accomodations at https://leavenworth.org. All Lions in District 19–D, from both U.S. and Canadian clubs are invited! Download the flyer for more information.
- 19–C ENVIRONMENTAL SUMMIT — The District 19–C Environmental team is presenting it's Fourth Annual Environmental Summit at 6:30
p.m.on Thursday, June 16, 2022, via ZOOM. Lyn Fitz–Hugh and Lion Dr. Barak Gale will be presenting. Download the flyer for details and login information.
- 2022–2023 Club Officer Learning — Three sessions of MD19 Lions Club Officer Learning for the 2022–2023 Lions year are prepped, ready to go, and on the calendar&mdash June 11, 2022, July 16, 2022 and August 27, 2022. Each session will be on Zoom, from 9:00
a.m.to 12:30 p.m.. Download the flyer with links to the Zoom registration for each session. Contact PID Anne Smarsh by emai with questions.
- LCI CONVENTION 2022 — The Lions Club International annual convention, aka LCICon, is just around the corner. The dates: June 24 to June 28, 2022. The place: Montreal, Québec Canada! Which is a pretty cool place! And it is pretty cool that the International Convention is live for the first time in 3 years! Yes, there is still time to register and attend. Read all about it and register here.
In The Know…
- LCI DUES ADJUSTMENT ON MONTREAL CONVENTION BALLOT — A dues adjustment for Lions Clubs International member assessments will be voted on at the 2022 International Convention in Montreal (June 23, 2022 through June 28, 2022). The proposed “adjustment” is an increase of $300 per member on Jily 1, 2023, aother $200 per member on July 1, 2024, and a final $200 increase per member on July 1, 2025. Get the details, a/k/a more information, here.
- LCI CHARTER AND ADMISSION FEE WAIVERS EXTENDED — The LCI board of directors has extended the waiver of club charter fees and member entrance (initiation) fees an additional 6 months— LCI will not charge new–club charter fees or new–member entrance fees through June 30, 2022.
- LCIF MODEL CLUB DEADLINE EXTENDED — LCIF has extended the Campaign 100 Model Club deadline: All clubs committing to become a Model Club between July 1, 2021 and the end of Campaign 100 (June 30, 2022) will have 3 years from their commitment dates to reach their goals. Read more…
- WHAT NEXT? A WHITE RABBIT? —
Here is something that feels… strangely… familiar. Something old yet new; Something different yet tried and true (Hmm? Is that Grace Slick I hear in the background: “♪♪… Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall… ♪”)? But I digress, so back to the point: Pictured here is MD19's very own Vanna, ED Peter Anderson, modeling, in all of its sartorial splendor, the latest and greatest in MD19 Lions attire, the MD19 Tie-Dye Logo Tee! (“♪…And if you go chasing rabbits… ♪♪”). Okay, sorry. Just lost concentration there for a minute. Back again to the task at hand: One of these marvels of semi–modern science can be yours. Today! Just email Vanna… er… ED Peter for sizing, pricing, and the like and he will do his best to get you your very own MD19 TDLT ASAP. And as for the rest of the song now feeding my head: