estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is a multi–national organization comprised of 9 Lions Clubs International districts serving 12,000 Lions, Lioness and Leos in 450 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
Save The Date
- Leadership Development Opportunity — Give your Lions and Leo club members the skills they need at a District 19–H Leadership Development program on January 26, 2019, 8:30
a.m.to 5:00 p.m., at the Whatcom Educational Credit Union Center, 5659 Barrett Road in Ferndale, Washington.The cost: $35.00, which includes lunch! Download a progam flyer here. Contact District H Leadership chair Rosemary Small by phone at 604-469-171, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1st VDG Patty Allen by phone at 253-905-6025 or email to email@example.com. Register early! Seating is limited.
- Winter Council Of Governors Meeting — The Winter Council of Governors Meeting will be held Saturday, February 2, 2019, at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, 1425 East 27th Street, in Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.— Pre–counsel meeting Friday evening, February 1, 2019.
- Northwest Lions Leadership Institute — The next Northwest Lions Leadership Institute, hosted by the MD36 Lions in Oregon, is scheduled for April 26–29, 2019 at the Quality Suites, 5188 Wittenberg Lane, Keizer, Oregon U.S.A. Click here for more information and to download the application forms.
- Spring Council Of Governors Meeting Rescheduled — The Spring Council of Governors Meeting has been rescheduled to avoid a conflict with the Canadian DGE's traditional visit to the Lions Foundation Of Canada Dog Guides campus. It will now be held Thursday, June 13, 2019. The place has not changed, just the date: The Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham, 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, Washington U.S.A.— Pre–counsel meeting Wednesday evening, June 12, 2019.
- DGE, VDGE and ZCE Training Rescheduled — The 2019 District Governor Elect, Vice District Governor Elect and Zone Chair Elect training has been rescheduled to avoid a conflict with the Canadian DGE's traditional visit to the Lions Foundation Of Canada Dog Guides campus. Training will now be held Thursday, June 13, 2019 through Saturday, June 15, 2019. The place has not changed, just the date: The Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham, 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, Washington U.S.A.
- MD19 Holiday Office Schedule — The MD19 office will be closed for the holidays from Monday, December 24, 2018 through Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- The Christmas Ship — All letters of acceptance for the 2018 sailing of the International Lions Christmas Ship have now been sent out. Many thanks to all who applied. We hope you consider applying in 2019! District H appreciates your support of this GREAT project!.
- The Lions Journey — Need help mentoring new members? Having problems retaining members? Check out the new, MD19 Lions Journey For Service, Growth & Leadership mentoring program. Materials, checklists, fillable progress certificates, and even a video explanation of the program by our very own Council Chair, John Kirry, are available now, for viewing and downloading, on the Learning page and at 123md19.org.
- Leader Dogs — The Leader Dogs 2017–2018 Fiscal Year Client Services Snapshot is now available. Check it out in the Learning materials under the Toolbox page, or just click here for a shortcut to download the report.
- A New Border Crossing — The November/December, 2018 Border Crossing, MD19's official newsletter, has hit the newsstands! Just click here to view or download the current or past issues, or click here to cut to the chase and download the September/October issue now!
- HELP WANTED — The 2019 (Spokane) USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum Committee needs your help! The 2019 Forum will be held in Spokane September 19–21, 2019. Contact host committee vice chair, PZC Ed Brandstoettner, email to firstname.lastname@example.org phone 509-467-0360, or host committee chair, PDG Laura Wintersteen–Arleth, email to email@example.com phone 509-999-6282, for more information.