estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is a multi–national organization comprised of 9 Lions Clubs International districts serving 12,000 Lions, Lioness and Leos in 450 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide
Save The Date
- Widbey Island Lions Club Charter Celebration— The Widbey Island Lions Club, chartered June 20, 2018, will be celebrating induction into Lions Clubs International and MD19, Saturday, September 29, 2018, at the CPO Club, 1080 W. Ault Field Road, Oak Harbor, Washington. Festivities start with a social hour at 5:00
p.m., and dinner (prime rib and herb crusted halibut) at 6:00 p.m.. $50.00 per person, includes 2 raffle tickets. RSVP by September 20, 2018. Contact Dean or Dawn Cox to RSVP or with questions.
- Vancouver Cascadia Lions Club Charter Celebration— The Vancouver Cascadia Lions Club, chartered July 27, 2018, will be celebrating induction into Lions Clubs International and MD19, 6:30
p.m.Saturday, October 6, 2018, at Cascadia Tech Academy, 12200 N.E. 28th Street, Vancouver, Washington. Contact club president Kristina Brown or club secretary Dennis Campie for details.
- MD19 Annual Convention — October 25 to 27, 2018, Whistler, B.C. Canada. Register for the convention online here, and reserve your hotel room at the convention headquarters online here. Or, upload copies of the Convention registration form and registration instructions, and hotel reservation information here.
- Excellence Awards — The 2017–2018 Club President, Club Secretary, Club Chairperson and Zone Chairperson excellence award winners have been released. You can check them out on the Awards page, or click here for a shortcut straight to the award winners.
- Dr. Patti Hill Endorsed For 3rd V.P. — The Executive Officers and the 2017–2018 and 2018–2019 International Boards of Directors have given their unanimous endorsement to Canada's PID, Dr. Patti Hill, as their choice to be elected as International 3rd Vice President at the International Convention to be held next July in Milan, Italy. Click here for information about the endorsement, Dr. Hill's bio, and the Dr. Patti Hill campaign information.
- It's As Easy As 1, 2, 3 — Looking for some help with membership? Retention? Promotion? (And who isn't)? Be sure to check out 123md19.org which is chock–full of information and resources for keeping your club on track, recruiting members, orienting new members, and even highlighting your club with a video (hint: your MD19 GMT can make that happen for your club).
- 2018–2019 Club Officer Handbooks — Download the new, 2018–2019 MD19 club officer handbooks from the Learning page on this website. Handbooks are available for club presidents, secretaries, treasurers, public relations, tailtwisters and membership directors.
- The New Border Crossing — The July/August, 2018 Border Crossing, MD19's official newsletter, has hit the newsstands! Just click here to view or download the current or past issues, or click here to cut to the chase and download the July/August issue now!
- HELP WANTED — The 2019 (Spokane) USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum Committee needs your help! The 2019 Forum will be held in Spokane (September 19–21, 2019), but before that happens, the Committee needs volunteers to help promote the Spokane Forum at this year's Forum in Columbus, September 20–22, 2018. Let Spokane host committee vice chair, PZC Ed Brandstoettner, know you can help: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 509-467-0360. Or, contact committee chair, PDG Laura Wintersteen–Arleth, for more information: Email: email@example.com, phone: 509-999-6282.