estled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, at the southwest corner of Canada and the northwest corner of the United States, Multiple District 19 began its tenure as District 19 of Lions Clubs International in 1922. MD19 is a multi–national organization comprised of 9 Lions Clubs International districts serving 12,000 Lions, Lioness and Leos in 450 clubs in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and the States of Idaho and Washington in the United States.
Founded in 1917, Lions Clubs International is the largest and most active community service organization in the world. There are now more than 1,400,000 Lions and 46,000 Lions Clubs in 210 countries and geographic areas worldwide.
Save The Date…
- Leadership Development Opportunity — Give your Lions and Leo club members the skills they need at a District 19–H Leadership Development program on January 26, 2019, 8:30
a.m.to 5:00 p.m., at the Whatcom Educational Credit Union Center, 5659 Barrett Road in Ferndale, Washington.The cost: $35.00, which includes lunch! Download a progam flyer here. Contact District H Leadership chair Rosemary Small by phone at 604-469-171, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1st VDG Patty Allen by phone at 253-905-6025 or email to email@example.com. Register early! Seating is limited.
- Winter Council Of Governors Meeting — The Winter Council of Governors Meeting will be held Saturday, February 2, 2019, at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, 1425 East 27th Street, in Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.— Pre–counsel meeting Friday evening, February 1, 2019.
- Lions Learning Forum — The 2019 Lions Learning Forum will be held Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 8:00
a.m.to 3:30 p.m.at the Cascadia Technical Academy, 12200 N.E. 28th Street in Vancouver, Washington U.S.A. The Forum is free! Space is limited so registration is required— the registration deadline is February 28, 2019. Click here for an informational flyer. Register online at www.lionsLearninfForum.org, or mail a registration form to District G Governor Mark Mansell by February 28, 2019.
- District Conferences On The Horizon &emdash; District Conferences start in earnest in March, which in Lions–time is just around the corner. Start planing now, and check those registration deadlines! The schedule is:
- District 19–A — April 5-6, 2019, Delta Hotels Burnaby Conference Centre, Burnaby, British Columbia. Want more details? PDG Cecil Fung is the District 19–A conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 604-290-7756 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District 19–B — March 29-30, 2019, Hilton Garden Inn, Bothell, Washington. Want more details? PDG Janet Reinhart is the District 19–B conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 206-244-3913 or by email to email@example.com.
- District 19–C — April 12-13, 2019, La Quinta Inn, Tacoma, Washington. Want more details? PDG Marilyn Danby is the District 19–C conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 253-208-4556 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District 19–D — April 5-6, 2019, Penticton Lakeside Resort, Penticton, British Columbia. Want more details? Lion Robert “Bob” Wiltshire is the District 19–D conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 250-768-3512 or by email to email@example.com. Click this link to download a registration form now.
- District 19–E — April 26-28, 2019, Red Lion Hotel, Post Falls, Idaho. Want more details? PDG Bob Yeoman and Lion Sandy Flood are the District 19–E conference co–chairs. PDG Bob can be reached by phone at 509-994-8419 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and Lion Sandy can be reached by pnone at 509-990-3555 or by emain to email@example.com.
- District 19–F — March 22-23, 2019, Red Lion Hotel, Yakima, Washington. Want more details? Lion Cheryl Legowik–Lizotte is the District 19–F conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 509-952-9896 or 509-452-6132, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District 19–G — May 17-18, 2019, Red Lion Hotel, Kelso, Washington. Want more details? PDG Terry Sutfin and Lion Wendy Chord are the District 19–G conference co–chairs. PDG Terry can be reached by phone at 360-696-9162 or by email to email@example.com, and Lion Wendy can be reached by phone at 360-263-1968 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District 19–H — March 15-16, 2019, Coast Hotel, Chilliwack, British Columbia. Want more details? PCC Surinder Gahir is the District 19–H conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 604-853-1304 or by email to email@example.com. Click this link to download a registration form, or here for the conference flyer.
- District 19–I — April 12-14, 2019, Red Lion Hotel, Port Angeles, Washington. Want more details? PCC Gary Reidel is the District 19–I conference chair, and can be reached by phone at 360-457-8511 or 360-457-0406, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click this link to download the conference flyer.
- Northwest Lions Leadership Institute — The next Northwest Lions Leadership Institute, hosted by the MD36 Lions in Oregon, is scheduled for April 26–29, 2019 at the Quality Suites, 5188 Wittenberg Lane, Keizer, Oregon U.S.A. Click here for more information and to download the application forms.
- Spring Council Of Governors Meeting — The Spring Council of Governors Meeting will be held Thursday, June 13, 2019, at the Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham, 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, Washington U.S.A.— Pre–counsel meeting Wednesday evening, June 12, 2019.
- 2019 DGE, VDGE and ZCE Orientation — The 2019 District Governor Elect, Vice District Governor Elect and Zone Chair Elect Orientation will be held Thursday, June 13, 2019 through Saturday, June 15, 2019, at the Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham, 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, Washington U.S.A.
- District GAT Town Hall Meeting — A “Town Hall” meeting for District Global Action Teams (District GLTs, GMTs and GSTs) will be held following the Spring Council Of Governors Meeting, Thursday, June 13, 2019, at the Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham, 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, Washington U.S.A. This meeting replaces the regional planning meetings (aka, the Kickoff and Half–time meetings) of past years and will be an important part of the DGE, VDGE and ZC orientation. A $200.00 stipend is available to help defray travel and lodging expenses— no complicated applications, no receipts, no reports, just attend to qualify. Contact EST Peter Anderson for details or (after the event) to claim your stipend.
- The Lions Journey — Need help mentoring new members? Having problems retaining members? Check out the new, MD19 Lions Journey For Service, Growth & Leadership mentoring program. Materials, checklists, fillable progress certificates, and even a video explanation of the program by our very own Council Chair, John Kirry, are available now, for viewing and downloading, on the Learning page and at 123md19.org.
- The Border Crossing — The November/December, 2018 edition of The Border Crossing, MD19's official newsletter, has hit the newsstands! Just click here to view or download the current or past issues, or click here to cut to the chase and download the current issue now!
Wants And Needs…
- HELP WANTED — The 2019 (Spokane) USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum Committee needs your help! The 2019 Forum will be held in Spokane September 19–21, 2019. Contact host committee vice chair, PZC Ed Brandstoettner, email to email@example.com phone 509-467-0360, or host committee chair, PDG Laura Wintersteen–Arleth, email to firstname.lastname@example.org phone 509-999-6282, for more information and to volunteer .